Monday, February 9, 2009

Splash of Spring

A splash of spring arrived this weekend; I hope it's just not a teaser!

I was cleaning my apartment yesterday when I abruptly stopped at the sound of birds chirping outside. While many may not view this as a startling event, I was captured by the sound of it because of what it spoke to me - life is peeping through the slumber of winter, waiting to burst with even more energy as the next several months unfold. These were birds, live ones at that, playing near my window seal, singing the praises of spring re-born.

Today, on the way to work, I saw geese frolicking about by the waters of Lake Michigan and the streams along Lake Shore Drive. They, too, seemed to be adding melody to the music masterpiece of spring-time in the air. What refreshing sites and new energy. I think it's the whispering of life cracking the winter chill. I can't help but be thankful.
(The picture above is from the Chicago Botanical Gardens in the spring)

No comments:

Post a Comment