Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sham what!? Wow!

I'm sitting here in my lounger waiting for a Thursday night rendition of American Idol. I wonder who's getting voted off this week? I can't cry - not this time! As the results are shared I sit firm, grasp the chair, my heart pounding and my breathing heavy. After all these weeks, a new friend is voted off and sent packing. It's starting. I can't cry - not this time.

The results don't come in until the end of the hour, so while performers parade on and off the stage I've decided to continue blogging. Don't hate, I know it's been awhile.

I'm also sitting here looking around the apartment and marveling at the cleanliness. My parents are in town this weekend so I've taken the opportunity to do some spring cleaning this week. I'm not talking about some small scale dusting and picking up - I moved the couch and chair, wiped down the walls, and dusted every nook and cranny. When some of my friends heard I did this with a bucket of water, some dawn, and a rag they quickly made fun of my process. Water? Dawn? It works in the dishwasher, can't it wipe clean some cobwebs and dust balls? Apparently I flunked cleaning 101 somewhere, apparently there is a cleaning culture and rule book by which I didn't abide. They talked as if the cleaning cops were going to screech to a halt outside and revoke my cleaning license. No more cleaning credentials - there is a right way to dust they insist. Who knew? I ask - who cares?

As I sit and glance over the room things are glistening and popping, clean and tidy. The next time I get the motivation to clean they suggest pledge and shamwows (it really is one word!). Sham what!? Wow! They are for real - sham wows exist (excuse me, shamwows), it's the new "in" cleaning tool. Check that - the next time I get the motivation to clean I'll go for a walk and let my friends clean away - sham wows (excuse me, shamwows), or whatever the "in" "device" is then, sweep and wipe until there heart's content. Shammer (this is the verb form of the noun sham wow - I mean shomwow - not to be confused with the plural shamwows) it up gals! Wow me!

Results are here. Breathe in. Breathe out. No crying. Not tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment