Saturday, August 1, 2009

Vacation & Back

The past week has been a busy one!

I traveled back home to Iowa on Friday, hung out with my parents last weekend, saw some UNI friends on Monday and Tuesday, came back to Chicago on Wednesday, and took part in the Loyola service day project and picnic on Thursday and Friday. Phew!

I loved being home last weekend! I was able to spend time with my Dad out on the farm. I drove the 4-wheeler, checked out the cattle, rescued lost calves, and did "fence checks" in the pasture. My Dad and I even got in some fishing (I didn't catch anything!). Later that day, I learned how to operate a dixon lawn mower, mowed the lawn, and was able to do some touch ups on the landscape. One friend of mine commented sarcastically, "Wow, sounds like a great vacation." As I thought more about it I genuinely agreed - I never get to experience anymore vast cornfields, mingle with animals, do yard work, enjoy flowers and shrubbery, and the like. It was actually a very therapeutic and relaxing weekend. More than anything, I enjoyed time with the parents and time at home, kicking back and relaxing, talking and chatting, catching up and bonding. Relaxing indeed!

A few pictures from the past couple days:


1 comment:

  1. You are the one person who comes to my mind when ever I think of getting yard work done. After all you do specialize in manual labor.

    ReplyDelete