Sunday, August 8, 2010

It's been awhile ...


Above - me enjoying some corn-on-the-cob at the Taste of Chicago in July.

Some of you have asked for more blog postings. I guess it is fair to say it's been awhile since my last "life update." I apologize for this; I've gotten caught up in life - classes, travels, Loyola work, work with Call to Action, etc. All good things, but nevertheless time consuming. Alas!

I've made it a goal to blog once again. You may not get one of my profound reflections every week (lucky for you, right?), but I do pledge to be more mindful of those I don't interact with on a daily and weekly basis and that you, too, wish to know what's happening in my small corner of the world. If you are ever hungry for more, a good place to start would be my facebook page.

www.facebook.com/rynhof

I've also recently begun a professional/academic website. Feel free to go there to check-out the latest theological reflections and ministerial ponderings. As I write for classes and blogs (and other assorted venues) I hope to take bits and pieces and post for your perusal. It's likely I'll cross-post, too.

www.ryanhoffmann.com

It's been a busy summer. In May I hastily prepared for my sister's wedding (being the lead usher was quite the chore), my aunt and uncle from Australia to visit, and small trips back to Iowa to hang out at my aunt and uncle's "lakeside resort." June was spent wedding - ing (I do remember the drive home, believe it or not) and lakeside resort - ing. I enjoyed the boat rides, quiet time reading at the lake house, grill-outs, and yes, even my mega bus rides to and from Iowa. I was away from Chicago the majority of June; I loved my time back home with family and friends. For pictures of my Iowa excursions, my facebook page has ample to preview.

I re-nested in July, committing to not leaving Chicago for the month of July (I needed some home time after my month away!). It was great to connect with Chicago friends and do Chicago things: baseball games, festivals, lakeside bike rides, swimming in the lake, etc. Summer truly is a great time in Chicago! I did break my promise to stay in Chicago all month - it was for a good reason. Jeb and I headed south to visit my good friend Andy (aka Mr. Miller). Drive-in movie, time spent at the state park, county fair mud races, a stop in Champaign, IL on the way back all made for an eventful trip. I did miss the socks factory tour; I'll be back. You got it, pictures on facebook!

This is a small update ... but an update nonetheless. My hope is that this blog kicks off many to follow. I did miss blogging. I hope you missed hearing from me.

Peace always.

1 comment: